|A Magic Flute|
|Season 1, Episode 14|
|Air date||January 9, 2004|
Loopy and Eddy are frightened by the story of a horrible monster that kidnaps bad children and its magic flute. They promise themselves to be good kids. But that night when they go to bed, they hear a scary melody of a pipe and see a dark shadow popping out of the window. Eddy and Loopy rush to Poby to tell this, and find that it was Pororo and Crong doing this silly prank.
- The Dragon (first appearance; as the monster in the story)
- A bad prank might lead to a real monster.
- In this episode, Pororo can play the recorder.
- When Pororo picks up a recorder (referred to as the "flute") and plays it, it sounds more like a tin whistle and not a flute, when the friends hear the spooky flute music. But in the HD remake (Season 1 (HD)), when the friends hear the spooky flute music, a real flute sound (it was actually the tone "Sweet Flute AF1" from Yamaha Montage8) was used in the episode.
- When Pororo tests out the flute, it sounds more of a recorder than a flute. The staff should have used the sound that appeared in the outside-of-series EBS show, Going Bananas with Kiki (during the episode “The Nutcracker”).
- This somehow is a parody of the popular children's fairy tale, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, but adds a scary twist, and is the first episode to have a plot based on a children's fairy tale story.
- This is also the first episode to have scary elements.
- The Dragon from Season 2 made his first appearance as the monster in Poby's tale.
- When Loopy and Eddy remember their wrong-doings, flashbacks from “Smile, Smile, Smile!” and “Who Touched My Snowman” appeared.