"Crong, Crong!" - Crong, several times
Pororo, Loopy, Eddy, Poby, Petty, Harry, Rody, Tong Tong, Popo and Pipi, Tu-tu, The Dragon, Seal, Seal's mother, The Aliens, Shark (sometimes), The Yeti, The Yeti's minions, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Elephant, Monkeys, Nyao, Clock, Winter Witch, The Princess of the Cookie Castle, Duke, The King of the Cookie Castle, Santa Claus, The Cookie Castle Guards and Royal Service, Chocolate Makers, Racers, Toto and Mango, Captain Silver, the Princess from the video game, Arlo, dinosaurs, Captain Silver and his crew, Snow Fairy Village Citizens
Count Chocolato, Winter Witch (formerly), Candy Makers, Fufu, Brown Bear, Bears, The Yeti (formerly), The Yeti's minions (formerly), Pig Pirate Captain, Pig Pirates, Devil Spider, Lava Monster and his skeleton dinosaurs, Alien Hunter and his robots, Captain Dark and his crew, Shark (sometimes)
Crong (Korean: 크롱 [rom. Keurong]) is the younger brother of Pororo as well as being one of the two deuteragonists (along with Petty) in the Pororo the Little Penguin franchise.
Crong is the parallel protagonist of the series and the parallel male lead. He is a little spinosaurus that lives with Pororo. Crong is the youngest of the group. He is usually with Pororo and is constantly getting into trouble. In Season 1, he does not speak; he can only say his own name ("Crong") to communicate, but he is seen speaking in a time from the second season. In Seasons 3-NEW2, he wears a light blue aviator jumpsuit, red bandana, and matching gloves. He has a crush on Loopy and a tiny bit on Petty.
Crong's Own Language
Crong almost always says only "Crong, Crong", rendering nearly all of his speech unintelligible to the viewer, though the rest of the characters seem to understand him perfectly well and often repeat the meaning so that the audience can comprehend it perfectly. However, he does occasionally say a few other words, such as the names of other characters.
Crong is a young spinosaurus who was hatched from an egg Pororo found in the forest in "We're friends!" ("We Are Friends" in the HD version). Starting from the 3rd season onward, he wears a blue jumpsuit and a red bandana and gloves.
In "We're friends!", Pororo once found him hatched from an egg, and thought he was harmful, but he knew that after he adopted him as a foster brother, he wasn't as harmful, and the two became great friends as well as brothers, although they bicker a lot.It was revealed he was a troublemaker. Once he was kicked out of the house by Pororo. Pororo felt bad about him and found him.
Crong looks the same as the previous season, but buffer.
Starting from Season 3, he begins to wear a red bandana, matching gloves, and a light blue jumpsuit from this season onwards.
- Lee Mi Ja (also for the English voice for Seasons 5-6, English Show)
- Megumi Yamato (Season 2)
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Season 3-5)
- Ikue Otani (Season 2 (HD) (to-be-announced))
- Yusuke Numata (since 2015; current voice)
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Season 1)
- "Crong, Crong!" (most times)
- "Crong, Crong" is pretty much how he always talks.
- "Pororo, you!" ("Crong's First Word")
- "Crong, Crong, Crong?" [means "What are you doing, adopted brother?!"] (several episodes)
- "Crong! Hide-and-seek." [means "Oh, yes! Hide and seek."] ("Shhh! It's a secret")
- "Crong-kubu?" [means "Hula hoop?"] ("Petty, You are So Cool")
- "Pororo sick?" [means "Are you sick, Pororo?"] ("Is Pororo sick?")
- "Crong, Crong, Crong... CRONG!" [means "Good magit magisply!"] ("Amazing Magic Wand")
- ”Don’t move!” (“I'm Super Crong”)
- "Huh?! [rushingly, with some anger] One, two, three, four, five." (English Show; "How many cookies?")
- "This is yellow, too!" ("Beautiful Color Land")
At first, Pororo thinks Crong is a scary monster and runs away from him, but after a while, they slowly became friends and Pororo adopts him as a little brother. They also can have a little rivalry sometimes, as shown in "Crong The Troublemaker", "A Day In Pororo's Town", and most episodes, but they always get along in the end.
Loopy and Crong are good friends. Loopy sometimes came to their house to give them desserts. Also, if Pororo and him fight, she will tell them to stop fighting motherly. Crong also has a little crush on Loopy.
Eddy and Crong are good friends. One time, Eddy and Crong teamed up together to compete with Pororo and Rody, and they also are shown to have a little rivalry sometimes, as shown in "Be Careful!"
Poby and Crong are good friends. One time, Poby helped Crong find Pororo when he is missing. Another time, Poby also helped him find his missing toy.
Petty and Crong are good friends. One time, she says that Crong's snowman is cute. He also has a little crush on her.
Just like Harry, when their roommate is upset at them, they will leave home but got back safely. He and Crong quite disappear because of a argument Harry had with Poby, and Crong had a argument with Pororo.
Rody and Crong are good friends. One time, Crong and Rody had a great time and scribbled together.
Tong Tong and Crong are good friends. One time, he and Pororo went to his house for a visit, but when he turned into something, Tong Tong keeps changing him into things again and again.
Popo and Pipi
Although they are not seen interacting a lot, they don't mind keeping each other company. But Crong does miss them a lot when they went back to Planet Pipo.
Although they are not seen interacting a lot, they don't mind keeping each other company.
- Crong can sometimes be confused as a Komodo dragon, caiman, or monitor lizard, but he is actually a spinosaurus.
- In the sing-along series, he can play the trumpet (Season 1 and 2, as well as the HD remakes; also "Pororo's Surprise Party!") and the electric bass (Season 3 only).
- His favorite songs are What's This? and The Eentsy Weentsy Spider.
- In the Polish dubbing, his name was changed to "Krakus".
- His birthday is on April 28, as evidenced by the episode "Pororo’s Special Present".
- He is a reference to Yoshi from Super Mario Bros.
- Crong's way of communicating is similar to how Pikachu from Pokemon (1997) or the title character from Kirby: Right Back At Ya! speaks.
- His Korean voice actress (Lee Mi Ja) also voices Charlie the Monkey from Chiro and Friends (who actually sounds like a human-talking version of Crong).
- Whenever Crong appears, his character theme music usually includes a clarinet and pizzicato melody (Season 1 episodes) or a cheeky bassoon and woodwind theme (Season 2 episodes), as in the Season 1 and 2 episodes, or sometimes a slide trombone sound can be heard.
- His best friend and older brother is Pororo.
- Crong is one of the four characters who spoiled the air, the rest are Pororo, Poby and Loopy.
- Crong is the first main character to team up with Pororo to rescue the other friends.
For the gallery of Crong, click here.